Educator Workshop: National Certifications for Robotics and Advanced Automation Manufacturing
Hands-On Familiarization with FANUC Robots and Exploration of NOCTI Robotics Certification
Join us for a ½ day workshop and receive hands-on experience with FANUC Robots and learn how to certify your students so that they have the entry level core Robot Operator skills they need.
This workshop will cover:
- Robot programming, material handling and its components, and software for students
- NOCTI Certification – the importance of certification, how schools can become NOCTI members, details on the certification exam, and more
- Advanced automation integration and robot programming with the Machine Tending Education Cell from FANUC and APT Manufacturing Solutions
- Collaborative robots
- Overview of FANUC Certification Carts, including curriculum and software
*includes lunch, professional instruction, training materials, and a certificate of Professional Development hours completed
When & Where:
- Monday, November 5, 10am-2pm @ Danville Community College (Danville, VA)
- Tuesday, November 6, 10am-2pm @ New River Community College (Dublin, VA)
- Wednesday, November 7, 10am-2pm @ West Virginia University-Parkersburg (Parkersburg, WV)
- Thursday, November 8, 11am-3pm @ James Rumsey Technical Institute (Martinsburg, WV)
FANUC Certified Robot Operator 1 Certification
NOCTI and FANUC America Corporation are working collaboratively in promoting and distributing the FCR-01 FANUC Certified Robot Operator 1 certification assessment to authorized FANUC secondary and post-secondary testing sites. Students with this level have a basic understanding of robot operations and programming, material handling and its components, and introduction to Roboguide simulation software. These certification programs are focused on the core Robot Operator skills needed by entry level or incumbent workers.
The FANUC FCR-O1 national assessment is based on FANUC’s industry recognized CERT Program, inclusive of FANUC’s Robot Operations, HandlingPRO, HandlingTool Operations and Programming curriculums, Roboguide Simulation Software, and hands-on FANUC robot labs, provided by a FANUC certified academic instructor.
Students successfully passing the FCR-O1 FANUC Certified Robot Operator 1 exam will earn the FANUC certification and digital badge issued by FANUC. The cut score is: 82.4.
NOCTI is the largest provider of industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for career and technical education (CTE) programs across the nation. Whether using assessments to meet Perkins accountability requirements, to guide data-driven instructional improvement, or to assist with teacher evaluation systems, NOCTI provides a credible solution through its validated and reliable technical skill assessment. Learn more at www.nocti.org
FANUC America, together with NOCTI developed the four industry recognized national certification programs which include two levels of FANUC Certified Robot Operator (FCR-O1 & FRC-O2) and two levels of FANUC Certified Technician (FCR-T1 & FCR-T2) indicates an operator level of skill and knowledge. Students with this level have a basic understanding of robot operations and programming, material handling and its components, and introduction to Roboguide simulation software. These certification programs are focused on the core Robot Operator skills needed by entry level or incumbent workers. Learn more here https://www.fanucamerica.com/CERT/fanuc-nocti-certifications-robotics-education